16 March 2008

Beer Review -- Seahorse Pale Ale

I've been reviewing beers over at BeerAdvocate off and on for a few years now, but I'm going to start cross-posting my BA reviews here and see how I like the mix of stuff I'm interested in.

Last night, I tried Seahorse Pale Ale by Rogue Ales. Here's my review:
Appearance: Yellow-orange body, very hazy, some effervescence from bottom of glass. Significant white head leaves considerable lacing.

Smell: Clean, sweet hops, slightly citrusy. Notes of coriander and grapefruit.

Taste: Hops up front, clean and smooth. A strong citrus flavor follows, like lemonade mixed with orange juice. Slightly bitter, leaves a strong aftertaste.

Mouthfeel: Moderately thick, heavily carbonated. Hops bite a bit, but gives a clean finish.

Drinkability: Overall a pretty drinkable beer. Rogue doesn't always produce quality beers in "lighter" styles, but this one isn't bad. Not a replacement for my favorite pale ales, but I'd love to try this on-tap.

I've got dozens of new beers at home to try, so we'll see how this works out.

No comments: