18 July 2008

Watchmen Trailer

Shana and I saw The Dark Knight at a midnight showing last night (didn't get into bed until 4 AM, and had to be at work at 8 -- yes, I'm tired!), and yes, it was awesome.

At least equally awesome, though, was the Watchmen trailer.



I have to admit, I haven't been particularly excited about this adaptation, given the long history of this adaptation, and how iffy a lot of V for Vendetta turned out to be. But this trailer makes me absolutely jazzed about the final result -- I don't think there's a single shot in the trailer not taken directly from the graphic novel.

Of course, whether the excitement built out of two minutes of footage can be sustained over the course of a nearly-three-hour picture is another issue, but for now I think that Warner Bros. is planning a really nice early birthday gift for me.

No comments: