18 June 2010

Video: New Belgium 1554 Enlightened Black Ale and a Bonus!

New Belgium 1554 Enlightened Black Ale (bottle)
Fort Collins, CO
5.5% ABV



New Belgium's not available in Michigan, yet, but Scott was in Indiana a couple of weeks ago and picked up a couple of bottles for me. As I say in the vid, this one was for my friend John and Katie, who love New Belgium but are currently in France and probably don't have access to it.

I was trying something new in the filming, which was I decided to just set the camera down and record myself drinking the whole bottle, which I then edited down to an appropriate length. The result is a very low-energy performance that meandered quite a bit. I got very philosophical and chatty at points, although I didn't leave that footage in.

My bonus vid was shot minutes after the other one. I found a bottle without a label at the store the other day, and figured I'd buy it and record myself drinking it. In the vid I make it clear at the time I thought it was from Dark Horse, but DH doesn't use golden caps on their bottles. Currently I'm thinking it's either a Dragonmead bottle or Michigan Brewing Company's Nut Brown Ale. I'll probably never know for sure, but hopefully it's entertaining anyway.



The quality is worse on these than I thought it'd be. I think I'm losing resolution in the final video publishing process, which is probably a sign that my software is cutting corners somewhere. I'm working on it.

No comments: