28 July 2010

Primator Rytirsky 21%

Primator Rytirsky 21% (bottle)
Nachod, Czech Republic
9.0% ABV

Nine percent is huge for a Czech beer. I've gotten out of the habit of checking out BA before recording these reviews, partly because many of the beers I review aren't even in BA and partly because I've just gotten to the point of trying not to use BA as too much of a crutch, but on the site this is marked as a Euro Strong Lager. Sounds good to me. I don't say it in the vid, but it reminds me a bit of some of the Baltika strong lagers I've had, but better quality.

Anyway, this is pretty good for the style, but it's definitely not as balanced as it could be. Very sweet, malty, strong caramel notes, with the alcohol well-hidden but definitely present on the finish. Not as astringent as it could be, so it's probably worth it if you're just looking to get fucked up on cheap malty beer.



My numerical rating: 6.0/10

No comments: