29 July 2010

Video: Kocour Lezak (Tomcat Lager)

Kocour Lezak (bottle)
Varnsdorf, Czech Republic
4.6% ABV

"Kocour" is Czech for "Tomcat" and "Lezak" is Czech for "Lager," so translated this is Tomcat Lager. Kocour is a microbrew that's only been around since 2008, but they're bringing a Stone or Brewdog-like badassery to the Czech beer scene. This lager is delicious, obviously made in small batches, with a crisp light flavor and a healthy wallop of citrusy hops that really show what a true Czech malypivovar (microbrewery) is capable of.

I was really excited when I reviewed this beer, as I had just visited the Kocour website, and they seem to have the same ballsy, take no prisoners attitude of some of the great American microbreweries, like Stone or Dogfish Head. I have one more Kocour brew here in the dorm, and I'm still on the lookout for their weizen, so look forward to that.



My numerical rating: 8.5/10

No comments: