16 July 2010

Video: Pilsner Urquell (bottle)

Pilsner Urquell (bottle)
Pilzen, Czech Republic
4.4% ABV

In my original review of this posted January 25, 2006 (when I'd only been drinking beer for about a year and a half), I summarized thusly: "I don't find these very drinkable, for I would never want more than one. But for a Czech Pilsener, this is pretty great. If you like beers of this style, go for it." Fast forward four and a half years and move me to the source of the goodness, and I guess I have to eat my words. If you can find un-skunked bottles of Pilsner Urquell, and in the Czech Republic that's pretty damned easy, this is one of the greatest examples of this style you can find, and it's incredibly refreshing on a hot day.



My numerical rating: 8.5/10

(Note: I'm going to review the canned version soon: watch this space.)

No comments: