09 November 2008

Obama on Interviews and Global Warming

Check it out here:

The debates unnerved both candidates. When he was preparing for them during the Democratic primaries, Obama was recorded saying, "I don't consider this to be a good format for me, which makes me more cautious. I often find myself trapped by the questions and thinking to myself, 'You know, this is a stupid question, but let me ... answer it.' So when Brian Williams is asking me about what's a personal thing that you've done [that's green], and I say, you know, 'Well, I planted a bunch of trees.' And he says, 'I'm talking about personal.' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I f---ing changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'."

Yes, I know all of the completely obvious reasons that Obama couldn't actually answer the question that way, but damn is it nice to have a President-elect who even thinks like that at all, even if he can't exactly come right out and say it out loud.

There are a lot of issues on which I disagree with Obama, and I'm sure the next four years are not going to be the kind of liberal Utopia that some people would like to believe they're going to be, but it's certainly a positive thing that we are going to have a President who actually has a head on his shoulders and can approach problems with an eye towards reason and evidence, right?

(Although that's going to be a very difficult thing to maintain if he picks RFK Jr. for a position in his administration.)

1 comment:

蘿蔔糕Jolin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.